If you have job openings, please the send job descriptions to email@example.com.
is looking for:
(Click your desired job title to apply)
PUT YOUR PASSION AND SKILLS TO WORK AND JOIN US IN CREATING
A HEALTHY, HUMANE, AND SUSTAINABLE FOOD SUPPLY.
Terms of Employment: Full Time, At Will, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Location: Remote
To oversee and direct the organization’s scientific efforts to advance plant-based and cultured meat products by coordinating with other key nonprofit stakeholders, executing viability research, and advising relevant internal and external sources on the viability of food technologies to bring these products to market quickly.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with the executive director to find tissue engineers, food scientists, entrepreneurs, accountants, communications experts, and others to start companies and fill roles in the companies GFI already supports
- Closely track the science of plant-based and cultured meat, working with scientists worldwide who are active in this space
- Produce scientific environmental and health analyses that are turned into white papers under the banner of GFI
- Develop a list of key areas requiring the most focused research and find researchers to perform that work
- Advise GFI on grant opportunities and companies in the cultured agricultural space
- Create and deliver presentations at colleges, universities, and conferences about plant-based and cultured technologies as well as GFI and its mission
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant scientific field
- Proven track record in translating scientific information into formats for lay professionals
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, equipment, systems, and techniques used in scientific functional areas
- Ability to conduct scientific literature reviews
- Strongly preferred familiarity with or experience working with plant-based and cultured animal product organizations
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making, including setting and managing priorities and meeting competing deadlines
- Support for GFI’s philosophy and ability to professionally advocate GFI’s positions
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
To apply, please answer the following questions and send along with your resume & cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why do you want to work for GFI?
- What is your familiarity with plant-based and cultured alternatives?
Have you been involved in this arena, and if so, how?
- What are the top attributes to your success?
- What are your specific salary expectations?
Link to the job: http://www.thegoodfoodinstitute.org/job?jobId=11
Research Technician/Specialist Position in Lung Biology at UCSF
University of California, San Francisco
Department of Medicine
The Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Allergy and Sleep Medicine has a Specialist position available immediately. Under direct supervision of the Principal Investigator, this position will be involved in research centered on signaling mechanisms involved in the development of emphysema/COPD, including molecular and cellular studies in mammalian cell lines and primary cells as well as in vivo mouse models. This position will mainly be responsible for designing and implementing genetic strategies to delete important developmental pathways in the mouse lung to assess their role in the maintenance of normal lung architecture. This will involve the breeding and genotyping of mouse models, surgery and injections of animals, and the dissection of lung from experimental animals. The analyses involve standard cell and molecular biology methods that include cell culture, transfection, subcloning, RNA extraction and quantitative PCR, protein extraction and immunoprecipitation, tissue sectioning and immunofluorescent microscopy. This position will be responsible for ordering lab supplies, reagents and antibodies. The incumbent will work with PI directly.
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) or equivalent research experience (e.g., with instrumentation and research equipment, social science research methods, or creative activities).
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master's degree (or equivalent degree) or five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master's degree (or equivalent degree) or five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization. Appointees at the Associate level must have significant record of academic accomplishment including published or in-press publication, and a demonstrated record of University and/or public service. Additionally, appointees at the Associate level will provide considerable independence in planning and execution of research.
• Specialists appointed at the full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization. Appointees at the Full level must have significant record of academic accomplishment including published or in-press publication, and a demonstrated record of University and/or public service. Additionally, appointees at the Full level will provide considerable independence in planning and execution of research.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF00541
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Employment Type: Full-time